What is Acid Reflux?
Acid reflux is a condition where foods or liquids return back into your mouth from the stomach, giving you a bitter sour taste.
You can get acid reflux after you eat foods that are spicy or oily. Overeating is one of the acid reflux causes responsible for extra amounts of stomach acids.
A stressful lifestyle, drinking alcohol, smoking habit, eating late and clothing that feel tight can also lead to acid reflux.
Acid reflux symptoms can be experienced as heartburn, pain in the chest, sore throat, bitter and sour taste in the mouth. You may sometimes experience difficult or painful swallowing.
Natural Home Remedies for Acid Reflux
You can benefit from natural acid reflux home remedies as they are easy to follow, economical and without side effects and can accompany modern medicines.
- Chewing raw almonds when you get heartburn can help in natural treatment of acid reflux.
- Eating fresh fruits such as bananas, water melons and apples can act as acid reflux natural remedies.
- You can get reflux when suffering from hyperacidity, chewing basil leaves can act as a beneficial home remedy for acid reflux.
- Dilute buttermilk or make it thin and mix it with a pinch of powdered pepper and have it regularly.
- When you have acid reflux following hyperacidity you can suck upon a thumb sized piece of jiggery to get substantial relief.
- Drink a glassful of chilled milk when you suffer from reflux due to hyperacidity as this is an acid reflux home remedy.
- Heartburn caused by reflux can be relieved by taking ginger root with honey and it can aid in acid reflux relief too.
- Along with acid reflux natural treatment, maintain a habit of drinking ample amount of water and fluids as these can dilute stomach acids and aid in decreasing reflux.
- Green leafy vegetables can be consumed in daily diet as these can be taken along with, and aid natural remedy for acid reflux.
Also, you should try and maintain a proper posture after having your meals, such as sit properly without slouching and avoid lying down just after meals. This is effective among home remedies for acid reflux.