What is Celiac Disease?
Celiac disease is a digestive disease of the small intestine. It is an auto immune disorder that is hereditary by nature. The disease causes damage to the villi in your small intestines as a result of intolerance to gluten contained in foods that also include wheat, rye and barley.
Exact causes of celiac disease remain unknown. There are certain risk factors that can increase your chances of getting the disease which include heredity and gender (women are more prone).
Symptoms of celiac disease may appear in your digestive system or other body parts. Digestive problems such as diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain and vomiting are mainly found in infants and children.
Natural Home Remedies for Celiac Disease
You can try easy to follow and effective home remedies and natural treatments in to get as near as possible to your goal for achieving natural treatment for celiac disease.
These remedies are simple, beneficial and economical that can be followed safely to get relief from this digestive disease.
- Avoid products containing gluten such as grain vinegars, soy sauces, fillers, binders. Also, go for gluten-free items that are freely available at many grocery shops.
- You can consume corn and rice. You can also take wheat flour alternatively with cornmeal, potato and soy flour as a part of celiac disease natural treatment. Including these items in your diet will also help ease symptoms.
- If you suffer from celiac disease, it is in your best interest to avoid foods that contain gluten to get as close to treating celiac disease. Remove items from your diet including oats, rye, barley and wheat.
- Alfalfa herb is among home remedies for celiac disease. It is rich in vitamin K content and compensates for the low levels found in those suffering from celiac disease. Alfalfa supplements can also be taken to get the same benefit.
- You should try to avoid foods such as foods rich in sugar content, refined foods, milk products, sweets and canned salads.
A balanced diet should be maintained when you suffer from signs of celiac disease. The diet should include fresh vegetables and fruits, nuts, legumes, figs, raisins should help in offering relief.
You should make a habit of chewing food properly as this will really help in mixing saliva with the food and thus enhance absorption of nutrients.