What is Endometriosis?
Endometriosis is a health disorder that affects women. It occurs when cells lining the womb or uterus start to spread to other areas of the body. As a result, you can suffer from pain, irregular bleeding and infertility. There is no known cause for endometriosis.
The main focus of treatment involves controlling its severity and alleviating the endometriosis symptoms of pain and infertility.
Generally, endometriosis treatment involves medications or surgery. But home remedies can come handy in getting relief from various symptoms associated with the disease.
Natural Home Remedies for Endometriosis
Here are some of the useful natural remedies for endometriosis that can help you manage and get relief from endometriosis.
- The cortisol hormone aids production of progesterone. Excessive stress can increase cortisol levels which may adversely affect levels of progesterone. This leads to hormonal imbalance which can make one more prone to develop endometriosis. As such, endometriosis home remedies involve stress reduction methods such as breathing techniques and meditation that can aid along with treatments for endometriosis.
- Studies show that exposure to toxins and chemicals in the environment can make one prone to the disease. An important remedial measure would be to avoid such health damaging environments and thus avoid exposure.
- Home remedies for endometriosis include regular exercise. It helps balance estrogen levels in your body and also fortifies the immune system. Exercise also helps to ease endometriosis signs such as pain and discomfort during the menstrual cycle.
- Pain and severe cramping can occur during menstruation and often are associated with endometriosis. Chamomile herb can help alleviate such symptoms besides relieving stomach related disorders.
- Dry motherwort herb tea can help as an endometriosis home remedy by aiding in blood transportation more effectively to the reproductive system – stimulate its functioning and aid in lessening menstrual problems such as poor blood flow or blood clots. Consume three cups daily.
Diet for Endometriosis
Making certain diet modifications can bring about appreciable changes and health benefits that can result in positive improvements.
Include Omega-3 fatty acids as part of diet for endometriosis as it may aid in slowing down abnormal endometrial tissue growth. Consume salmon and tuna fish or capsules that contain these fish oils.
Also, avoid certain foods including carbonated beverages, tea, coffee and chocolate as these can aggravate symptoms.