What is Heart Palpitation?
Heart palpitation is a state whereby your heart beats abnormally with force or irregularly. You may become aware of these heartbeat changes. Although not always serious, it is nonetheless a distressing condition.
Some of the heart palpitation causes include smoking, drinking excess alcohol, some medications, stress and anxiety, hyperthyroidism and low levels of oxygen in the blood.
Natural Home Remedies for Heart Palpitation
Medical advice and treatment is very important and should be given first priority in dealing with this heart condition.
To get relief from heart palpitation symptoms, both home and natural remedies listed here can be used in aiding current medical treatments.
- A natural home remedy for heart palpitation is to consume fresh guava regularly on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Mix one tablespoon of honey and juice of half a lemon into a glassful of water. Drink this juice preparation before bedtime. This is among effective home remedies for heart palpitation.
- Take some leaves of snake gourd and prepare a loose paste using some water. Strain this paste using a thin cloth and collect the juice in a vessel. Consume one or two tablespoons thrice daily until you see positive results.
- A simple natural treatment for heart palpitation is to eat more of fresh vegetables and fruits as these food items help in boosting overall health as well as benefit those with heart palpitations.
- Indian spikenard is an herb found useful for condition of abnormal heart beat and palpitations. Take this herb in minute amounts of two or three grams after adding a pinch of cinnamon and camphor, once daily.
- Another heart palpitation home remedy consists of drinking grape juice daily. This would relieve a person suffering from palpitations.
- To some jaggery, add dry aniseed and coriander powder. Consume this powdery preparation, equivalent to six grams, after meals.
- Becoming physically active can also be of help. Try walking, cycling, swimming or other sports activities as these simple exercises can, to a good extent, help in keeping your heart healthy.
A positive step to avoid heart palpitation is to keep away from caffeine containing items such as coffee and tea, alcohol and soft drinks too. These items can act as stimulants and are considered bad for those with palpitations.