Irregular periods or irregular menstruation result due to an imbalance of hormones in women and is among prominent signs of menopause.
Health disorders such as diabetes, anemia & thyroid dysfunction and lifestyle triggers such as smoking, stress and alcohol abuse can act as causes of irregular periods.
Bloating, spotting, heavy periods, missed periods or not experiencing menstruation for many months are some of the symptoms of irregular periods.
You can make use of effective irregular period remedies. These remedial measures are considered safe, whatever your causes of irregular periods, and are also easy to follow.
But in case your symptoms cause concern, do consult your doctor prior to using these home remedies.
Natural Treatment & Home Remedies for Irregular Periods
Maintaining your diet is important too. Eat papaya, drumstick, bitter gourd, pumpkin, & dates as part of your diet.
Avoid fried & fatty foods and drinks containing caffeine as they disrupt your normal menstruation cycle.
Here are some of the remedies for irregular periods:
- Drinking bitter gourd or grape juice daily is also said to be a natural treatment for irregular periods that aids in regularizing periods.
- Irregular periods home remedy consist using asafetida. It contains properties that are helpful in regularizing irregular periods.
- Add grounded radish seeds one teaspoon to a glass of buttermilk. Drink early in the morning. Prepare fresh carrot juice and consume daily for two months. These irregular periods home remedy help treating your irregular periods.
- Add some fennel seeds to a glass of water and let it steep overnight. Drink this solution in the morning as it is a recommended remedy for irregular periods.
- Anemic women suffer severe symptoms of irregular periods. They can use sesame seeds to relieve pain during menstruation. Boil one tablespoon of sesame seeds in water measuring a glass. Strain the liquid on cooling. Take it twice regularly during menstruation.
Limit or avoid poultry, meat & dairy products. Limit your intake of coffee, tea & colas and alcohol during menstruation. These can aggravate your irregular period symptoms further.