Leg cramps are involuntary contraction of leg muscles that can cause varying amount of pain that is sudden and discomforting.
Often, leg cramp causes include vitamin & mineral deficiency. You can take care of this problem by making use of effective home and natural remedies that can help you manage leg cramp symptoms and, to an extent, the underlying problems.
Natural & Home Leg Cramp Remedies
Make use of the below mentioned remedial measures to get substantial relief from cramp symptoms which can sometimes cause discomfort and limit you from taking part in activities you enjoy performing.
Here are some of the effective leg cramp remedies:
- Increase your fluid & oral rehydration solutions. This is because common leg cramp causes include dehydration & electrolyte loss.
- Massaging your cramped muscle lightly with essential oils such as lavender or rosemary can help relieve symptoms of leg cramps such as pain. You may also use soothing balms for the same purpose.
- A hot bath or shower is another among effective leg cramp home remedies. This relaxes your muscles and prevents leg cramps from happening. You can also pour hot water (bearable) over cramped body part.
- Another home remedy for leg cramps is to use appropriately sized footwear. This will provide adequate support to your feet.
- Avoid caffeinated or alcoholic drinks as much as you can. These drinks act as diuretics and add to symptoms of leg cramps by causing dehydration.
- If your body is deficient in vitamins and minerals such as calcium, potassium & magnesium it can lead to night leg cramps. In such a case, take vitamin & mineral supplements as leg cramp remedies to compensate for this loss. But first, consult with your doctor.
- An effective home remedy for leg cramps is to increase intake of foods such as bananas which contain potassium. Your may experience cramps if your body is deficient in potassium. Reduce take of foods containing phosphorus such as meat & sodas.
- Leg cramp home remedies also include light muscle stretching exercises such as riding a stationary bicycle before bed time. This remedial measure can help prevent occurrence of night leg cramps and limit its severity.
Maintain a diet that includes fresh fruits & vegetables. Also, include whole meal grains. Bananas & dates contain good amounts of magnesium and potassium.
No related posts.