Pneumonia in Brief
Pneumonia is a lung infection that is commonly caused due to a viral attack. Other pneumonia causes include bacteria, fungus & parasites.
Treatment and cure for pneumonia is easier if it occurs in one lung, but when it spreads and infects both the lungs, it can become threatening for your health.
Pain in the chest, chills, fever, cough, headache, breathing difficult & fatigue are among the common pneumonia symptoms.
One of the main pneumonia causes includes toxins present in your air passageway & a weakened immune system.
Although initial signs and symptoms can be relieved through pneumonia home remedy and natural treatments, the disease should immediately be referred to your doctor if symptoms worsen.
Home & Natural Pneumonia Remedies
You can try these remedial options to seek relief from pneumonia symptoms. Prior to using any of these remedies, it is advisable to discuss them with your doctor.
Here are some of the natural & home remedies for pneumonia:
- A cure for pneumonia signs and symptoms is usage of herbal properties of garlic. Eat raw garlic or add to food preparations. You can also apply garlic paste on the chest. This will help bring down fever and normalizes pulse and respiration.
- Early pneumonia signs and symptoms are best treated with tea using fenugreek seeds. Drink four standard cups of this preparation daily. Reduce the quantity of tea on noticing improvement. It is advisable to avoid other nourishments or food during this treatment.
- Prepare a mix of cucumber, carrot, spinach & beet juice to relieve pneumonia signs & symptoms. In a glass of carrot juice, mix three quarter glass of spinach juice. You can also mix half glass each of cucumber & beet juice to the carrot juice.
- Take some fresh basil leaves, extract its juice & add a pinch of black pepper. To get relief in pneumonia symptoms, this preparation should be consumed every six hours.
- Soak two tablespoons of sesame seeds in a glass of water, overnight. To this solution, mix a single tablespoon each of linseed & honey. Before consuming, add a pinch of salt. This is among one of the effective pneumonia remedies.
You can use turpentine oil as an effective home remedy for pneumonia. After giving a gentle rub of this oil on the rib cage cover it up using a warm cloth.