Normally, healthy acidity levels in the vagina keep yeast population in check. Sometimes, the acidity levels can suffer due to physiological or psychological factors such as menstruation, stress, pregnancy, diabetes or intake of certain medications. This can lead to an abnormal increase in yeast growth causing vaginal infection.
Mild or intense itching & a burning sensation in around the vaginal area, tender, itchy and sensitive skin surrounding the vagina are some of the symptoms of vaginal infection.
Some of the other symptoms include a thick, odorless, white discharge from the vagina accompanied by burning sensation following urination or a painful intercourse.
Causes of vaginal infection include weak immune system, stress, antibiotic medications, diabetes, birth control pills & menstrual periods.
Remedial measures, self made & applied in the comfort of your home, can help you get relief and even achieve a cure for vaginal infection.
Home & Natural Vaginal Infection Remedies
You can use from among the many vaginal infection home remedies & natural treatment to get relief from vaginal infection symptoms.
Here are some of the effective vaginal infection remedies:
- Dip a tampon into fresh yoghurt. Place into the vagina two times daily. Prepare a fresh tampon each time. Continue this home remedy for vaginal infection for a couple of days or until your symptoms fade off.
- Add a single cup of vinegar in a bathtub filled with warm water. Immerse affected part in the solution for about thirty minutes. This remedy is said to be effective in curing vaginal yeast infection.
- An effective treatment and cure for vaginal infection is washing the affected area with a dilution of apple cider vinegar. It stops unhealthy yeast growth. If you have an itching problem in the affected area, steep garlic clove in the vinegar solution before applying.
- Another home remedy for vaginal infection is to apply honey on the affected area externally and keeping it that way for about ten minutes. You may then wash off the area lukewarm water.
- Mix aloe vera gel, baby oil & vitamin E oil. Apply on the affected area to experience relief from symptoms of vaginal infection such as irritation & itching.
Whatever the causes of vaginal infection, consume foods high in vitamin C content such as citrus fruits as part of natural treatment for vaginal infection.