Vaginitis is inflammation of the vagina mostly caused due to infections. It is one of the most frequently occurring conditions in women.
A common type of bacterial vaginitis also referred to as bacterial vaginosis is characterized by a fluid discharge from the genitourinary tract.
Causes of vaginitis include an overgrowth of harmful bacteria such as gardnerella microorganisms that overpopulate and disturb the normal flora of vagina.
Reddening, itching, swelling, pain or burning sensation in and around the vagina and foul smelling vaginal discharge are some of the vaginitis symptoms.
These uneasy and discomforting symptoms can be relieved by using natural and home remedies that are effective & easy to apply.
Vaginitis Home Remedies & Natural Treatment
Get rid of your discomforting vaginitis symptoms with these home and natural remedies.
Easy to follow, safe, natural, effective and economical, whatever the causes of vaginitis, these remedial measures can be applied from the comforts and privacy of your home.
Here are some of the effective vaginitis home remedies:
- A simple home remedy for vaginitis discomforts such as pain and burning sensation is to soak a cotton cloth in cold water & lay it on the affected area. This remedy also gives relief from swelling & redness of the affected area.
- To obtain a cure for vaginitis, you can use neem powder which has excellent antibacterial properties. Intake of a quarter teaspoon of neem powder early in the morning, regularly can help alleviate vaginitis.
- Use garlic as part of natural remedies for vaginitis. Eat raw garlic or in capsule form regularly for a month. This will help in getting rid of the causing bacteria as well as reduce the infection.
- An effective home remedy for vaginitis is to soak a tea bag in plain water and let place it in a refrigerator for five minutes. Now, remove the cooled tea bag and apply it externally to relieve itching.
- Turmeric powder has antifungal properties and can be taken dissolved in milk for period until your symptoms subside.
- Soak cotton plugs in fresh yogurt. Apply to the affected area as this has been clinically found to be a beneficial natural treatment for vaginitis. Eating yogurt daily also aids in achieving a cure for vaginitis.
To relieve the itching, bathe in hot water after adding a spoon of salt & some drops of cedar oil to it.