Normally, yeast or candida fungus resides on your body without doing any harm. But certain conditions cause the yeast population to grow beyond healthy limits, which leads to a yeast infection.
A weak immune system, stress, menstrual cycle, birth control pills are among some of the yeast infection causes.
Yeast can cause vaginal infections in women which can sometimes become very irritating and uncomfortable.
Both men & women can get infected by yeast. It can occur in the underarms, in between toes, in and around genital area or other parts of the body.
Hopefully, natural and home yeast infection remedies that are safe and easy to follow can become a useful part of your treatment.
Yeast Infection Home Remedies & Natural treatment
These home remedies & natural treatment for yeast infection may be used with other treatments to help quicken your recovery.
Here are some of the effective yeast infection home remedies:
- To relieve the itching & skin irritation that a yeast infection causes, take a hot sitz bath by adding vinegar to the bathwater. This effective remedy also inhibits yeast growth & helps restore your body’s PH balance.
- To treat vaginal yeast infection, a yogurt dipped tampon can be inserted inside of the vagina, twice daily. Repeat this remedy until the yeast infection symptoms get relieved.
- A few drops of diluted tea tree oil instilled on a tampon & placed inside the vagina can also provide relief. As tea tree oil is very potent, consult with your doctor before trying this yeast infection home remedy.
- Anti fungal properties of tea tree oil can help control yeast infection & bring about a notable reduction in yeast infection symptoms such as itching.
- For yeast infections not associated with the vagina, apply freshly prepared garlic paste as a yeast infection home remedy directly on the affected part. Alternatively, you can make use of diluted garlic oil mixed in coconut & vitamin E oil.
- Use yogurt as natural treatment for yeast infection. Eating sumptuous amounts of yogurt has been found useful. It should be included in your yeast infection diet.
The most effective yeast infection remedy include application of cinnamon or cold oil of coconut (with anti fungal properties) on infected parts. This should be done twice daily to get rid of unhealthy yeast growth.