Cranberry: The Benefits
Cranberries are evergreen dwarf shrub of genus vaccinium. They are low creeping shrub and have small leaves. Cranberry is edible, with an acidic taste that can overwhelm its sweetness.
Cranberry is also known as bear berry and fenne berry. Cranberries are source of polyphenols antioxidants and phytochemicals, which helps to maintain healthy cardiovascular and immune system and acts as anti-cancer agents.
Flavonoid is the element present in cranberry which contains non dialyzable material which helps prevent tooth decay.
It has anti-clotting properties which prevents recurring urinary tract infections in women. As a part of cranberry juice benefits, proanthocyanidins, flavonols and Quentin are the essential elements contained in cranberry.
Cranberry alleviates injuries associated with bladder catheterization, neurogenic bladder or frequent urination. Dried cranberry can be useful for reversing the co-aggregation effect of dental plaque bacteria.
Dried cranberry are recommended for the treatment of Candida infections. It also exerts fungi static elements which nullifies the effect of Candida albicans.
Cranberries are used to prevent kidney stones as well as to remove toxins from the blood. The use of cranberry beverages reduces the frequency of bacteriuria and pyuria in older women.
Research shows that regular use of dried cranberry is likely to decrease urinary tract infections.
A compound called proanthocyanidin is responsible for preventing problematic bacteria, which is found in dried cranberry.
Cranberry juice includes high amount of organic acids, which have a dominant effect upon deposited fats in the body, so that body can more easily flush out the bacterial waste.
In a study, it was found that cranberry juice inhibits certain strains of Haemophilus influenza, a type of bacteria found in the nose and throat of seventy five percent adults.
Here are Some Cranberry Juice Benefits:
- Avoid urinary tract infection – it produces hippuric acid in the urine and prevents the bacteria to stick to the walls of bladder.
- Helps cardiovascular system – Benefits of cranberry includes antioxidants, they fight against free radicals.
- It decreases the bad cholesterol in the body and eventually increases good cholesterol this is due to presence of polyphenols in cranberry juice.
- Inhibits tooth decay – It prevents tooth cavity and blocks bacteria from sticking to the teeth.
- It contains proanthocyanidins, which inhibits the growth of various cancer cells in the body.
- Regular use of this juice prevents rapid growth of tumours. It also eradicates multiplications of breast cancer cells.
- It cures sore throat and fight against infections of cold and cough.
- As a part of cranberry juice benefits, the organic compound present in juice helps to emulsify the effect of extra fat deposited in the body.
- Avoid respiratory infections – Health benefit of cranberry is such that it helps to inhibits Haemophilus influenza, resulting in clear respiratory channel.
- It also prevents the formation of kidney stones in the body.
- It reduces the risk of getting osteoporosis, resulting in stronger teeth and bones.
- It eradicates pylori bacteria, which causes stomach and mouth ulcers.
- In addition, cranberry juice helps to prevent your plaque formation and improve oral hygiene.
- It slows down the aging process and breaks breast cancer cells.
- It is also known to reduce the problem of cellulite and improve overall skin health.
- It helps to eliminate uric acid that could otherwise stick to the joints and cause painful symptoms of gout.
It is recommended not to take this juice in abundance as it may cause:
- High sugar content.
- Abdominal pain.
- Gastrointestinal problems.
- Tooth cavities.