Pistachio: Powerful Nutrient
Pistachio is a nut enclosed in a hard shell (shelled pistachios) with a pleasant sweet taste and aroma. Often consumed raw, it has many versatile uses as in salads, shakes, snacks, cereals & bakery products.
The pistachio nuts are a rich source of numerous minerals and vitamins & packed with a variety of nutrients that can benefit your health.
Get Pistachio Nutrition Fact
With abundant calories in pistachios, some call it the powerhouse among nuts for its abundant nutrient, mineral and vitamin content.
Nutrition in Pistachios: (Values per 100 grams)
- Iron 4.15 mg
- Zinc 2.20 mg
- Calcium 107 mg
- Copper 1.3 mg
- Manganese 1.2 mg
- Phosphorus 376 mg
- Thiamin 0.870 mg
- Magnesium 121 mg
- Selenium 7 mcg
- Riboflavin 0.160 mg
- Niacin 1.3 mg
- Folate 51 mcg
- Vitamin A 553 i.u
- Vitamin C 5 mg
- Vitamin E 22.60 mg
- Calories: 594
Besides the rich content of nutrition in pistachios, the many health benefits of pistachios make it a nut to be included in your daily diet.
The above pistachio nutrition fact are enough to get one eating the tasty nuts and fully avail its health benefits.
Pistachio Health Benefit for You
Pistachios are a good source of body energy as well as vitamins, nutrients, minerals, antioxidants that are essential for your health.
- Pistachio nuts are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids & an excellent source of antioxidants.
- Research has shown that the dietary fiber, monounsaturated fatty acids & antioxidants contained in pistachio nuts can help prevent heart disease & strokes.
- These nuts also contain phyto-chemical substances that help your body erase free radicals to protect your body from cancers & diseases.
- Pistachios, considered a good source of vitamin E, essential for maintaining cell integrity can give protection against harmful free radicals.
- You can avail of pistachio health benefit through rich content of vitamins such as niacin, riboflavin, thiamin, folate & vitamin B-6.
- Besides healthy amounts of calories in pistachios, these nuts have ample amounts of minerals such as manganese, copper, potassium, iron, zinc, magnesium, selenium & calcium.
- Pistachio salad & pistachio paste give full pistachio benefits & help keep your skin healthy. Just like pistachios nuts, it also gives equal amount of pistachio calories.