When grapes are sundried, they turn into raisins. The sucrose content of raisins is about seventy percent, giving it a very sweet taste. Raisins have a long shelf life and do not spoil easily.
Get Nutrition Facts about Raisins
Compared to grapes, raisin calories are quite high, reason why it is consumed by athletes. Below you can see beneficial raisins nutrition facts.
Raisin Nutrition Facts: (Values per 100 grams)
- Calcium: 78 mg
- Iron: 3.3 mg
- Phosphorus: 129 mg
- Potassium: 575 mg
- Riboflavin: 0.08 mg
- Niacin: 0.5 mg
- Protein: 2.3 gm
- Fat: 0.5 gm
- Carbohydrates: 71.2 gm
- Traces of vitamin C
- Vitamin A: 50 i.u
- Vitamin B: 0.15 mg (Thiamine)
- Calories: 268
Besides the nutrition facts about raisins, numerous raisins health benefit can be availed by making it a part of your daily diet.
Health Benefit of Raisin for You
- Golden raisins have multiple forms of vitamin B. These can give you a real energy boost.
- There are high calories in raisins. The raisin calories help your body in gaining increased amounts of energy.
- Raisins benefits include its property to build your strength that can be utilized for those with body weakness or with anemic conditions.
- Soaked raisins have been known to be effective remedy for asthma & sore throat as well as runny nose.
- Rich iron content is also one of raisins benefits that help formation of hemoglobin responsible for carrying oxygen to body cells.
- Raisins are also rich in dietary fiber and tartaric acid. These promote digestion and lower risks for colorectal cancer.
- Raisin is an important dietary source for boron. Health benefit of raisin such as boron promotes bone health & maintenance.
- Certain contents in raisins combined with estrogen help women to develop bone strength and fight osteoporosis.
- Moreover, golden raisins are rich sources for antioxidants that help our bodies get rid of free radicals.
- Raisins can prove useful in preventing macular degeneration which is a disease of the retina that occurs with progress in age.
- Low raisin calories and other agents in raisins may substantially help lower cholesterol levels & reduce risk of heart disease.
- The sugar contained in raisins is easily digested by your body compared to cane sugar that is known to raise your blood sugar levels.