Walnut: The Power Nut
Walnut is also known as a super food as it helps in boosting immunity and improving metabolism of your body.
They are a rich source of dietary fiber, vitamin B, antioxidants like Vitamin E, magnesium & omega-3 fatty acids.
Know Walnut Nutrition Fact
The high amounts of calories in walnuts are good for people wanting to put on weight as well as for those under nourished.
Nutritive Values for Walnut: (per 100 grams)
- Iron: 2.1 mg
- Niacin: 1.2 mg
- Calcium: 83 mg
- Potassium: 225 mg
- Carbohydrates: 15.6 gm
- Phosphorus: 380 mg
- Fat: 64.4 gm
- Protein: 15.0 gm
- Vitamin A: 30 i.u
- Vitamin B: 0.48 mg (Thiamine)
- Vitamin C: 3 mg
- Calories: 654
Besides the walnut nutrition fact stated above, you can avail of its many nutritive and health benefits by consuming it throughout the day as a snack.
Get Health Benefit of Walnuts
Walnuts nutrition values are a rich source of dietary fiber, proteins, vitamin B and minerals like magnesium, copper, iron, manganese & phosphorus. Walnuts are known to improve bone health.
- The many health benefit of walnuts can be procured through daily consumption. An easy way to achieve this is to include it in your daily diet.
- Also called ‘brain food’, walnut gets its name due to the fact they contain healthy levels of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Studies indicate that walnuts are helpful in reducing risk for Alzheimer’s disease.
- Walnuts benefits include its role in prevention of high blood pressure & heartburn.
- Walnut oil is very good source of omega-3 essential fatty acids helpful in conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, rheumatoid arthritis & asthma.
- Ellagic acid a useful agent in walnuts & walnut oil is an effective antioxidant compound which boosts your immune system and also helps fight cancer
- Walnuts contain melatonin in healthy proportion. It is a powerful antioxidant that helps give you a good night’s sleep.
- Even though calories in walnuts are high it is a good reducer of cholesterol levels in your body. The nut helps increase good cholesterol and also lowers the amount of bad cholesterol in the blood.
- These nuts are good laxatives and prove helpful during constipation.
- Walnut and walnut oil contain blood thinning agents that can help reduce amounts of lipid compound in your body, bringing about an improvement in blood circulation.
- A common health benefit of walnut includes its use in ridding your intestines of tapeworms & parasites.