What Is Genital Herpes?
Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) that infects via the herpes simplex virus. This disease primarily infects skin or the genital area.
Once you get infected by the herpes simplex virus it stays in your body for the rest of your life. This is the reason you may experience genital herpes symptoms from time to time.
This disease affects both males and females but incidences of genital herpes infection are four fold in women. If you have genital herpes infection then you are more prone to HIV infection.
At present there is no established genital herpes cure but its symptoms can be effectively managed through safe natural treatments.
Know Causes of Genital Herpes
The herpes simplex virus is responsible for causing genital herpes. Genital herpes is a highly contagious disease and mostly spreads via sexual intercourse. It can also spread through oral, vaginal or anal sex.
You may experience a herpes outbreak or flare up if you possess a weak immune system. Causes of genital herpes outbreak include reasons such as stress.
A genital herpes outbreak can be triggered by physical trauma, hormonal imbalance or certain medical conditions.
Identify Genital Herpes Symptoms
The symptoms of genital herpes often escape identification because of their uniqueness in individuals.
Identifying its symptoms require clinical testing as they are similar in nature to symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases (STD).
The symptoms can come on suddenly, stay for a period and then disappear.
Here are Some Genital Herpes Symptoms:
- Fever along with headache, fatigue
- Experiencing urination that is painful
- Painful sores/ blisters in infected area
- You get swollen lymph nodes (in groin area)
- Itching, tingling sensation & swelling in your genital area
Get Remedies for Genital Herpes
Symptoms for this condition are often severe and can cause great discomfort. These can be managed to a good extent through some effective natural genital herpes treatments.
- Applying ice packs on infected parts can help alleviate pain. Ice helps soothe the area and freeze the sores and blisters and thus inhibit the genital herpes virus.
- Heat a cup of olive oil and mix some lavender oil & bee wax to it. Let the preparation cool and apply on affected parts. This is among beneficial remedies for genital herpes.
- Epsom salt baths can help soothe, clean & dry genital herpes sores. Immerse areas below your waist in warm water using Epsom salts.
- Tea bags contain healthy proportions of tannic acid that is widely thought to possess antiviral properties. Applying cold tea bags on infected parts hourly at the beginning of an outbreak can prove beneficial.
- Baking soda is also beneficial among remedies for genital herpes. Dip & dampen tissue or cotton ball in baking soda solution. Coat areas of infection and sore. Leave the coating to dry out infection. This will also help to relieve itching.
- Remember not to dip or reuse the cotton ball or tissue again that you have applied to the infection as this can contaminate the baking soda.
- Aloe vera can also be used as a useful remedy for genital herpes. It helps relieve associated redness & itching. As aloe vera is gentle in nature it can also be safely applied on whole of the genital area.
Although there is no genital herpes cure available, natural & home remedies for genital herpes can help relieve symptoms.