What is HPV?
Human Papillomavirus or HPV is a group of over two hundred viruses. Around forty of these viruses are sexually transmitted. Presently there is no cure of HPV but its symptoms can be managed.
Similar to other STDs, the route of transmission for HPV can be any type of sexual contact that includes contact without intercourse.
Know Causes of HPV
An HPV infection can take place in both males & females who are sexually active. You may remain asymptomatic and not even know you are infected.
Here are some common Causes of HPV:
The forms of HPV that are sexually transmissible can spread from one person to another through:
- Oral sex
- Vaginal intercourse
- Anal intercourse
- Genital to genital contact
You might have noticed that HPV causes do not require exchange of bodily fluids such as blood or semen. Infection can spread through virus that passes from skin to skin contact.
Identify Symptoms of HPV
Largely infections related to HPV are asymptomatic (no HPV signs or symptoms), clear on their own within a few months and do not cause lingering effects.
Nonetheless, awareness about symptoms of HPV is equally important as some strains are considered as high risk because of association with different types of cancer.
Here are some HPV symptoms:
- Genital warts – In women: anus, cervix, vulva, vagina
- Genital warts – In men: penis, scrotum, anus
- Flat warts – on the wrists, hands, knees, elbows, neck or face
- Plantar warts – under heels of your feet
- Common warts – on finger/fingernails & hands
- Cervical cancer in women
One should be aware of the fact that cervical cancer in its initial stages causes no signs or symptoms. This is reason enough for women to undergo regular Pap smear tests that help detect precancerous changes in the cervix.
Go for HPV Natural Remedies
HPV home remedies are effective for infections related to oral lesions & different types of warts. Although incurable as of now, researchers are trying hard to find a complete cure of HPV.
Here are some healthy HPV home remedy suggestions:
- Take a glass of water & dilute a single tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide. Sip some of this preparation & revolve in your mouth to relieve mouth sores.
- Warm two teaspoons of castor oil & apply a single drop on the warts. Wrap with bandage & change twice daily.
- Heal genital warts through direct application of vitamin E oil which is among effective HPV natural remedies. Crush some raw garlic and put over the applied oil. Cover up with gauze or adhesive tape. Hopefully the warts should begin to fall in a week’s time.
- Black tea contains tannin (an astringent) that has pain relieving properties. Moisten a black tea bag and apply to painful mouth lesion to get soothing relief.
- Apply aloe vera gel on the affected part and cover with adhesive tape. Change every day until results are obtained.
- Add some salt to warm water. Rinse your mouth thoroughly with the salt water once in the morning. This provides good relief in treating oral lesions in HPV.
- Swab apple cider vinegar on the warts with a cotton ball to aid in treatment.
- The enzyme present in banana peel has properties that can dissolve warts.
To relieve pain from oral lesions it is best to avoid spice foods, caffeinated drinks, citrus fruits & sweets that cause irritation in mouth sores.