About Sesame Seeds
One of the most ancient types of oil seed known to mankind, sesame seeds have been widely used for their medicinal, curative and nutritive properties.
Sesame seeds are small sized, oblate shaped and possess a pleasant nut like flavor. They are prized for their high sesame oil content.
Sesame Seed Nutrition Facts for You
The seeds are rich in vitamin and mineral content. They are rich sources of B complex vitamins including folic acid, riboflavin, thiamin, pyridoxine & niacin.
Sesame Seeds Nutrition Value for 100 Grams:
- Protein: 9 gm
- Calories: 280
- Calcium: 580 mg
- Iron: 5.2 mg
- Niacin: 2.7 mg
- Fat: 24 gm
- Vitamin A: 15 I.U
- Vitamin B: 1.07 mg (Thiamine)
- Vitamin E: -
- Potassium: 360 mg
- Phosphorus: 308 mg
- Carbohydrates: 10 gm
All the minerals, vitamins and nutrients render excellent sesame seed benefit when consumed in appropriate amount.
Know Health Benefit of Sesame Seed
Sesame seeds are high in energy and contain healthy nutrients, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants that are essential for your health.
- Sesame seeds contain sesamolin & sesamin, these chemical agents are widely believed to help prevent high blood pressure and also protect against liver against damage.
- External application of sesame oil is effective in removing wrinkles and also helps treating other skin diseases.
- The seeds are also a rich source of vitamin E and provide benefit of sesame seed by way of strengthening your heart and keeping your nervous system healthy.
- Sesame oil is especially made use of to remove the milk-like envelope or crust that forms on the face & head of a newborn infant.
- As the seeds have high calorie content, sesame seed benefit can be availed by consuming substantial amounts of sesame seed regularly for putting on healthy weight.
- Hundred grams of sesame seeds contains three times more calcium compared to the same amount of whole milk.
- Among useful benefit of sesame seed is its curative properties that proves beneficial while treating a person for removal of intestinal worms.
The sesame seed benefits include its properties that play a role in removal of pus formation in the body.