Spinach in Brief
Spinach is a nutritive flowering plant that is edible. It is very rich in antioxidants and is a very good source of manganese, magnesium, folate & betaine.
Besides being beneficial to your health, the low spinach calories count is also beneficial for sick people & to those on a diet.
Get Nutrition from Spinach
Spinach can be used in a variety of ways that includes making spinach salad which is very nutritive and beneficial for your health.
For those who want to gain nutrition from spinach as well as remain free from extra calories, spinach benefits to the point.
Consuming spinach soup is said to suffice both the above conditions in a very healthy manner.
Nutritive Values in Spinach: (per 100 grams)
- Iron: 3.0 mg
- Calcium: 81 mg
- Potassium: 470 mg
- Phosphorus: 55 mg
- Niacin: 0.6 mg
- Riboflavin: 0.20 mg
- Vitamin A: 9,420 i.u
- Vitamin B: 0.11 mg (Thiamine)
- Vitamin C: 59 mg
- Rich source for Vitamin K
- Protein: 2.3 gm
- Carbohydrates: 3.2 gm
- Calories: 20
Moreover, nutrition from spinach is also very helpful in preventing cancers and macular degeneration.
Know Spinach Health Benefit
Fresh spinach leaves contain a lot of nutrients and minerals that can aid in keeping your body healthy.
- Spinach contains choline and inositol, substances thought useful in preventing arteries from getting thick & hard.
- Including spinach with alfalfa as part of the daily meal helps stabilize blood sugar levels for diabetics.
- Spinach health benefit can be attained through its rich source of flavonoid compounds which function as antioxidants.
- Spinach contains healthy amounts of vitamin K that help in the formation of chemicals required for healthy blood clotting.
- The amount of low spinach calories makes it very useful for weight conscious people.
- Anti inflammatory nutrients such as neoxanthin and violaxanthin are found to be plentiful in leaves of the spinach, these are anti-cancer agents.
- Spinach also contains a good amount of carotenoid that is said to help fight cancer.
- Spinach soup is not only a rich source of many health nutrients and minerals but has ample amounts of vitamins C & A.
- Spinach is considered to contain anti-aging properties. For those who want to look young, it is advisable to include spinach salad (or raw spinach) in their daily diet.