Tasty Sweet Potato
They are the sweet tasting starchy roots of the sweet potato plant. It is one of the oldest used vegetable that has found wide acceptance in today’s culinary dishes.
Moreover, they are very versatile and used in salads, dishes & desserts. The low sweet potato calories count makes it popular among the health conscious.
Get Your Sweet Potato Nutrition Facts
The sweet potato is not only good to taste but also contains many beneficial minerals and nutrients that can help you stay fit and ward off diseases.
Nutritive Values for Sweet Potato: (Per 100 grams)
- Iron: 0.7 mg
- Calcium: 30 mg
- Riboflavin: 0.05 mg
- Niacin: 0.6 mg
- Potassium: 300 mg
- Phosphorus: 49 mg
- Vitamin A: 7700 i.u
- Vitamin B: 0.09 mg (Thiamine)
- Vitamin C: 22 mg
- Carbohydrates: 27.9 gm
- Protein: 1.8 gm
- Fat: 0.7 gm
- Calories : 123
Besides these sweet potato nutrition facts, this sweet tasting vegetable has many nutrients that are beneficial for you health and also for overall well being.
Make it a habit to include sweet potato salad in your daily meals to fully avail of tits many benefits.
Benefit of Sweet Potatoes for You
Sweet potato nutrition includes vitamin A & C that are powerful antioxidants which do the work of removing free radicals (that damage cells) from your body.
- The high fiber content makes it a very easily digestible food and it also helps facilitate digestion.
- Sweet potato is also said to be good for people suffering from stomach ulcers and inflammation of the colon.
- An important sweet potato benefit is its use to bring blood pressure to normal levels for people suffering from hypotension.
- Due to low sweet potato calories, those who want wholesome food and avoid extra calories can enjoy this vegetable in moderate portions.
- Sweet potato as a food is high in vitamin & mineral content. This makes it a rich energy source food beneficial for people involved in heavy strenuous tasks.
- Agents contained in sweet potato facilitate proper function, secretion of insulin and is good for diabetics. It helps to stabilize sugar levels in the blood.
- A good benefit of sweet potatoes lies in its healthy amounts of roughage (fiber). The roughage helps retention of water in your body thus facilitating maintenance of required water level.