Padahastasana (Standing Forward Bend Pose): Step by Step & Benefits
In Sanskrit language “Pada” stands for foot while “Hasta” stands for hands while Pada & Hasta together means hand to foot. In fact Padahastasana is a third and tenth posture in the sequence while practicing Surya Namaskar. Here we showcase Padahastasana steps for how to do Padahastasana for obtaining positive Padahastasana benefits. While practicing Padahastasana one has to bend in forward direction therefore it is also known as “Standing Forward Bend Pose”. This asana is much helpful to cure ailments related to muscles and skeletal system.
Following are steps for Padahastasana which helps you to gain favorable benefits of Padahastasana.
Step 1: -
First of all stand in Tadasana pose then exhale to bend yourself in downward direction.
Step 2: -
Place legs in straight position and touch your finger tips and if it feels ease then try to touch palms to the ground.
Step 3: -
Keep your face on legs.
Step 4: -
Stand in this posture for few seconds.
Step 5: -
Inhale steadily to get back to initial position.
Step 6: -
Repeat this practice after relaxing for some time.
Time Duration for Padahastasana
It is suggested that one should practice this asana for few seconds in 5-6 sessions at early stage, later on with increase of its practice time duration can be extended up to one minute.
Advantages of Padahastasana
- Padahastasana benefits you for strengthening abdominal organs.
- It eliminates possibilities of bloating of abdomen, constipation, indigestion and other gastric problems.
- It builds spine more flexible, resilient and straight.
- It removes extra fat from abdomen region.
- Padahastasana steps are much useful for increasing height.
Disadvantages of Padahastasana
- If one suffering from back problems practices this asana then it increases disorder even more.
- This asana cannot be practice without any consultancy of doctor or experts.
Asanas described here should be practiced strictly under the guidance of Yoga teacher or under the supervision of yoga expert only.